CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 22, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day Joey!

This is the card I made the boyfriend for Valentine's! Do you see what I did? Or didn't do? I had a total sewing fail! I sewed the 3 sides and then needed to put all the stuff on first so I could sew over the papers on the right.. so my plan was to do that. I put it all on and forgot. 

He wouldn't have even noticed if I hadn't said anything, but by that time I had already posted my #sewingfail on Instagram!!

For this card I used Basic Grey's "Basic Manila" 6x6 stack for the background.

Both of the blue papers are from My Mind's Eye. I made the Polaroid out of Core'dination's "White Wash" paper.

This card is for the February Card Challenge for Sketch. Here's the sketch I made for this month..

 I turned the sketch on it's side for my card.

TO MAKE YOUR OWN POLAROID

I eyeballed the size and used a ruler to make the square on the back. I cut a "X" and cut at the lines!

I then inked the edges and a little bit of the center with a make up sponge, using Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Perfect name, right?

The awesome detail stamp is from Elle's Studio. Go check out (and buy) some of their products if you haven't already! It's a great company and the products are just plain awesome.

The wooden heart veneer is from Studio Calico. I inked it up with some red ink!


Have you ever had an epic fail like this on a project? If so, please share it so I feel better! lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment