CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Orders!

I needed something where I could physically see what orders needed to be finished. I used a 12x12 piece of cork board that I got at Staples, years ago. It came in a 4 pack, one is on my bedroom door and 2 I don't use.

For the board, all I really did was glued some Thickers on to it. I glued them instead of just sticking them on because I wasn't sure how well they'd hold up on cork over time.



Next came the push pins! I knew I wanted to make them, so I used over sized brads for 5 of them and fabric covered brads for the other 2.


The number Rub-Ons are from Daisy D and the cute little bird is from K & Company.

I bought push pins at Dollar Tree, I need 7 but I got 300 for $1. lol, close enough!

After I used the Rub-Ons, I flattened the push pins with pliers to get it as flat as possible. I put a generous amount of Glossy Accents on the top of the push pin and turned it upside down onto the bottom of the brad. I then filled the back of the brad up as much as possible with Glossy Accents. After they dried (a couple hours of drying time), I pushed them in the cork board and put Glossy accents on the tops and sides so the Rub-Ons would be sealed it and it would nice and shiny.

I did the same thing with the yellow and white pokla dot brads. I used wire cutters to cut the brad part off. I topped them with Glossy Accents also.

0 comments:

Post a Comment