CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

wait... what?!

I made this layout to tell the story of how I met Tim Holtz. The journaling explains it all, enjoy!


Journaling: Joey & I planned to meet Tif & Klayre at Disneyland on Saturday. There was only one problem, I forgot to set my alarm! Tif text me that they were already at Disneyland and I didn‘t know what to do about waking Joey. Since he works until about 2am, I didn‘t want to wake him. I sat there for a good 30 minutes and debated whether to wake him or not. I thought if I do wake him, he‘ll be mad, if I don‘t wake him, he‘ll be mad that I didn‘t. I finally decide on waking him up and he wasn‘t mad at all.

When we finally got to Disneyland, we met Tif & Klayre at the end of Main Street. We decided to go to California Adventure to go on Toy Story Mania. The wait was 45 minutes, which isn‘t too bad for that ride. About 25 minutes into waiting in line, it started moving again. I then passed by people in the next row going the opposite way. I saw someone that looked very familiar to me but didn‘t place him as quick as I should have. The next time I passed him, it hit me. It was TIM HOLTZ! My eyes popped out of my head and my mouth was open wide.. luckily I was carrying a map so my mouth was covered. Tif & Joey asked me what was wrong and all I could get out was “oh my god, oh my god.“ I said do you know who that is? Of course neither of them did! I explained and as my heart was pounding out of my chest I asked him for a picture and an autograph on a dollar bill, which is what I always have celebrities sign. A women he was with chuckled when I called him a celebrity, but to anyone in the scrapping world, he is for sure!

It made it even more exciting for me because back in January, 10 months earlier, I wrote on his blog about Disneyland. I saw that he had been there a day after me. I wrote “One day well be there on the same day!“

I‘m a big believer that you get certain signs in your life from the universe letting you know you‘re exactly where you‘re supposed to be at that very moment. I don‘t believe in coincidences what-so-ever. I debated on waking Joey up, we walked all the way into Disneyland just to walk all the way to the end of the other park. Then, waited in line and there was exactly the right amount of people between us to pass right next to each other. A coincidence? Not a chance.

I thought the Inspire definition sticker would be perfect for this layout! On my $1 bill that he signed, it says "Art Inspires!"



This may be my favorite part! I used an old photo slide and glued fabric to the back. I also used a hook and eye which I tied to the sides and wrapped thread around them.



I'm the worst at layering, but I really like how this turned out! Can you spot the hidden Mickey? Alright, it's not so hidden after all!


1 comments:

Kittys Creation

Love it :)

Post a Comment