CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Reindeer food!

I was cleaning out where I keep my medicine and I had a lot of empty bottles. I took the labels off and thought I have to come up with something to use these for... I can't just throw them away! So, I thought it would be a cute idea to make some Reindeer food for my niece to sprinkle outside on Christmas Eve so Santa's reindeer will have lots of energy to help Santa deliver presents all around the world!

Here's the cutie pie with the finished product!

I went through the cupboard and made up a reindeer food recipe! I used Quaker Oats, Raisin and tiny marshmallows (like the ones that come in hot chocolate packets). I added glitter also. So my niece wouldn't want to taste it, I told her that the glitter gives Santa's reindeer lots of energy but it doesn't do the same for people. =]

I used craft tape so go around the whole bottle. When I put the paper on it, I left about a 1/2 inch or so over the bottom edge and about 3/4 inch above the lid.

For the bottom, I used the craft tape and folded it under. Then I used a small punch to punch a scallop circle for the middle.

I tied 3 strands of twine around the top and tied it through a button. I cut the top of the paper so it could open a bit and then I inked the paper with Peeled Paint & Vintage Photo Distress Inks.

I then CAREFULLY scoped the Reineer food back into the medicine bottle... make sure to be really careful if you use glitter so it doesn't get all over the place!

I used some letter stickers to label my bottle and that's how you make reindeer food!

I hope you enjoyed my Reindeer food tutorial!! If you make you own, please leave me a link in the comments so I can see!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment