CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Wall Art!

Every time I see canvas, I want to paint on it. The only problem is... I can't paint anything, lol. Same goes for drawing... my cats always look like elephants, my dogs always look like hippos. Couldn't draw to save my life... keep that in mind if we ever play Pictionary together!

Speaking of games... have you heard of Apples to Apples?

If not, you MUST buy it, yes, must! I first played it at my boyfriends brother's house with their family, when they explained it I said "wait, what??", so we played and it's super easy to catch on to.. this game will keep you laughing for hours. My boyfriend bought me the To-Go version, which is the same as the regular, just a smaller box with a handle! They also have...

Family
Party
Junior

Back to the canvas! So, I saw something on Pinterest, with puffy paint and canvas but I went in a totally different direction than I was going to with that. I still used puffy paint, but just for some texture.

I bought 3, 11x14 canvas' at Big Lots for $4 each. They also had 3, 8 1/2 x 11 for $3, but it wasn't stretched around wood, so I didn't know how I'd hang them! They had 12x12 for $6 also.


I absolutely LOVE how they came out!
  • I painted each canvas in Aquamarine Acrylic Paint by Apple Barrel.
  • I then painted the edges in Turquoise Acrylic Paint by Folk Art and randomly painted spots on the front of each canvas.
  • I used a circle punch to punch 12 circles that are, 2 1/2 inches I believe. Then I placed them on the painted canvas and traced around them with a pencil.
  • I "mapped" out on a piece of paper of what color I wanted where. I knew I wanted brown, white and to use Crackle Accents.
  • I painted the colors, in Maple Syrup by Folk Art, Bark by Heidi Swapp (the brown glossy circles), a mixture of colors for the crackle circles and Warm White under the puffy paint, which was Tulip Slick, in White.
  • Next, I sprayed Tattered Angel's Glimmer Mist in Dragonfly.
  • Lastly, I used Crackle Accents on the "mixed together" circles.


0 comments:

Post a Comment