CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Joey's Birthday Goodies!

Happy Birthday to the best boyfriend ever. No, really, it's true! I have no idea how I got so lucky to find him, but I'm so glad I did! He's getting up there in years, so I'm going to change the font bigger so he can read it... =]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOEY!!

It's blurry, the color is off, Joey's not smiling (again), it's perfect.


I made him a wallet out of a Captain America comic book, if you missed it, check it out, here. I also made a bag to match! I ripped up the rest of the comic book that I used on the wallet in random sizes and mod-podged it onto the bag. Except, I didn't have any mod-podge, so I used Alene's Clear Tacky Glue mixed with some water.. worked just the same! I added a talk bubble, like in comics, to say Happy Birthday. I also added a fortune from a fortune cookie that we got when we ate at Disneyland one of our many times of going.. and to think he makes fun of me everytime I put them in my backpack to take home!

The fortune says: A pleasent surprise is in store for you.


This is the card I made for him to stick with the whole comic book theme. I can't take credit for the idea though, his friend Jesus put the idea in my head.. and I'm so glad he did!!



I wanted to make the Superman Symbol, but with a J. I drew lines on the back of the yellow card stock and used an exacto knife to cut the top layer.



The randomness under the J Symbol is the writing that they use on Superman's planet, Krypton I believe it is. Kinda fun making it, just pressed random keys over and over!



I added some red and white bakers twine, a red button a little distress ink and some white gel pen around the edges to finish it off.


I had this cute little container in my stash and used it to put Hot Tamale Gum in it. That's right HOT TAMALE! annnddd it's sugar free! It loses flavor way to quick, but it's really good for about 2 minutes, lol. I wrapped twine around it to give it some more texture.



Don't you just love that quote? It made me crack up! The tag is from Elle's Studio's Vintage Mix & Match Numbers.


0 comments:

Post a Comment