CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

That's been one of my favorite Christmas songs since I was 7. I remember at school we put on a Christmas play and that was on of the songs and it's kind of just stuck with me!!

Before I share my card I wanted to thank Liz at The Scrappiest for picking my @ The Pumpkin Patch layout as the winner for November.. how exciting is that!? Thanks Liz!!

This card is for the December Card Challenge on Scrapbook.com that I host. It's for Color, which this month is red, green and white. It's also for the Bonus category, to create a card you've been thinking about for a while and want to share the fun idea.

I've had the idea for this tree for a while! I used my 2 in. circle punch to make 6 circles from an old reading book from 2nd grade (don't ask me why I have it....). I folded the circles using directions for Dahila Flower instructions on Splitcoaststampers.

I inked both sides of the circles and added extra on random parts. I used Peeled Paint Distress Ink.


I used pop dots under the 1st and 2nd layers and put "snow" under the layers.

I did the same thing with trunk, but folded it back over one time.



The card is for the December Card Challenge also. It's for Theme, which is winter and for Product, which is felt. That huge snowflake is a felt ornament.

I liked the snowflake by itself, but love what the stickles added to it!! That picture looks yummy, like a Christmas Sugar Cookie!

0 comments:

Post a Comment